Sunday, February 12, 2012

Black Pepper Tempeh

I'm not sure I have ever cooked tempeh before. Black Pepper Tempeh from Super Natural Every Day was really good and I will be making it again. Tempeh and finely chopped cauliflower is cooked in a sauce of ginger, shallots, lots of garlic, soy sauce, cane sugar, and red and black pepper.  If one wanted to make a version of this with chicken instead of tempeh I'm sure it would also be great.

I asked over at the Food52 Hotline for what to serve alongside this recipe. People over there suggested something crunchy, so I made the Ramen coleslaw recipe from Feeding the Whole Family. The purple cabbage I used in that added a nice splash of color to the otherwise all-brown meal (we had brown rice as well). Crisp-tender broccoli with sesame oil would also have gone well with the meal.

The recipe has been posted on a few other blogs, so I'll just link to one of them here in case you want to try it out: Black Pepper Tempeh. The cookbook author, Heidi Swanson, has a culinary blog over at 101 Cookbooks as well with a bunch of other recipes.

No comments: