Sunday, March 25, 2012

Menu Mar 18-24

This week I forgot to post my menu in advance. Below is what we had. I usually bought groceries for that day and the next night as well. I also was really good this week about using all my produce. Sometimes I buy cilantro and it mostly goes bad, but this week I managed to use almost everything. I think I still have half a chayote and half a cauliflower left. But managed to cruise through the rest of the perishable produce.

Sunday: Split pea soup with Kale Coconut salad. Dessert: Raspberry Lemon cookies

Monday: Black Pepper tempeh with brown rice and cucumber salad.

Tuesday: Sauteed pork chops with mushroom red-wine sauce and spaghetti squash with brown butter, sage, and walnuts.

Wednesday: Spicy lemongrass chicken stir-fry with Thai mushroom/chayote/avocado salad. The mushroom salad recipe usually uses cucumber and tomato, which I didn't have. Raw chayote is quite similar to cucumber. Avocado is quite different from tomato but worked well.

Thursday: Quiche (kale, green onion, and mushrooms with dill havarti) and salad

Friday: Trout served up Thai-style with pearl couscous and Parmesan Kale chips. Those chips are awesome, it was hard to stop snacking on them.

Saturday: Roasted pork loin with chile-honey sauce. (This time I toasted about 2 oz of guajillo and ancho chiles, then soaked them in boiling water for a while. I pureed them in a blender jar with some water and the lime juice, then made the sauce. It reduces the bitterness of the chiles and was great.)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, Rachel. I am inspired by you, will try the vegetarian dishes at some point. Everything sounds mouthwatering.