Saturday, March 3, 2012

round up of last week

Last week in terms of menu planning went pretty smoothly. I took it easy as John was out of town on business so I was busier with Alice and knew I wouldn't feel like cooking every night. Wednesday I had company over so I went fancier that night: we had a roasted pork loin stuffed with prunes & apples and shallots and served it with a mustard cream sauce along with kale with cream & walnuts (I didn't have the pancetta for that recipe but I hear it's really really good that way). Yum.

Thursday I made a pasta with fresh herbs which was simple and quick. I had fresh basil, mint, and parsley to use up.

On Friday, I broiled salmon with a brown sugar curry paste rub.

And the other exciting recipe last week was an Asparagus tofu stir-fry from the 101 Cookbooks blog. It was good but I doubled the recipe and I think maybe it had a bit too much lime juice/zest in it. I think next time I would tone it down a bit on that front. But we ate it all no problem! Also I forgot to add in the fresh basil and mint at the end which might have fixed the lime issue.


No comments: